Move Out Instructions
Prior to returning your security deposit, we will inspect the home and grounds at our earliest opportunity once you have returned all keys and garage door openers to our office at 21 Bisbee Court, Suite F, Santa Fe, NM 87508. This is done to insure the property, allowing for normal wear and tear, is clean and in good repair.
The percentage of the security deposit and pet deposit, if applicable, returned to you will be based on the condition of the property upon move out and in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the signed Rental Agreement. The amount of security deposit retained by Pinon Properties on behalf of the Owner, if any, is based on the condition of the property at inspection and any funds that may be currently due but unpaid on your account.
To assist you in preparing the property for inspection, we suggest that you pay particular attention to the following guidelines, failure to do so may impact the disposition of your security deposit:
- Please see the attached Cleaning Checklist for specific cleaning guidelines
- Do not spackle the walls with putty – Please note, any Tenant-caused holes or nicks in the wall will be charged to your security deposit as well as any touch-up painting needed.
- Do not paint the walls, miss-matching the color or sheen can be costly and will be charged to your security deposit if it needs to be redone.
- Remove all picture hooks, nails and screws from the walls (any holes needing to be filled in will be deducted from your security deposit)
- Remove all papers and packing materials from the property
- Do not have carpets cleaned we will schedule this service with our own professional carpet cleaning contractor. Our contractor is familiar with our standards and performs this service at a reasonable charge. If necessary, this contractor can professionally clean tile floors, as well. The cost for the carpet cleaning will be automatically deducted from your deposit.
- Leave trash container(s) “empty” and stored in the garage. Please make sure you have emptied this trash can on your normal trash collection day. If we have to make arrangements to have the trash to be emptied there will be a $50 charge. This charge will cover us having to put the trash can out for the collectors and then return it to the garage when it has been emptied. This charge will be deducted from your security deposit
- Excepting normal wear and tear, the home should be in the same condition it was in when you took possession at the beginning of your rental agreement.
- Upon departure, close and latch/lock all exterior windows and doors
- Please ensure that all fire extinguishers provided remain in the home. You will be charged for any that are found to be missing.
- Close and lock interior garage access door, if applicable
- Please set the thermostat according to the following instructions:
Note: Failure to comply with the following instructions may result in damages to the home for which you may be held responsible. An example would be frozen pipes as a result of the heat having been turned off or the thermostat having been improperly set by a tenant moving out of a home during the winter months.
- Homes with refrigerated air conditioning –
- If during the winter months or mid-October to mid-April, please set the thermostat to heat and the desired temperature to 60 degrees.
- If during the summer months or mid-April to mid-October, please set the thermostat to cool and the desired temperature to 78 degrees.
- Homes with evaporative (swamp) coolers –
- Homes with evaporative coolers do not have the option of switching from cooling to heating at will.
- Therefore, at the time you move out of the home, either the furnace or the cooler will be set to operate not both.
- If the furnace is set to operate, please leave the thermostat set at 60 degrees.
- If the cooler is set to operate, please leave the pump and the blower set to the “OFF” positions. If you know how to turn off the water to the cooler and you are able to reach the valve safely, please turn it off, as well.
- Notify all utility companies to terminate* service in your name(s) as of your move-out date
*NOTE: DO NOT HAVE UTILITY SERVICES DISCONNECTED OR DISCONTINUED DOING SO MAY RESULT IN DAMAGES TO THE HOME AS PER THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH.
(YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED FOR SERVICES THAT YOU DID NOT INCUR.)
- FINAL WATER BILLS – When Pinon Properties closes out a Tenant having a water account with the City of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County, Eldorado or any other independent community water system, we automatically check the water bill balance. If the water bill is unpaid and remains so at the time we send your security deposit reconciliation, we will deduct the outstanding water bills from the Tenant’s security deposit. If you pay this water bill around the same time we deduct it, then it will be your responsibility to collect the overpayment from the utility company. Please contact your assigned Property Manager and provide them proof of payment so that they will not deduct the remaining water bill from your security deposit.
Deliver all keys, garage door remotes, and your forwarding address to:
21 Bisbee Court, Suite F
Santa Fe, NM, 87508
Also, as per the terms of the Rental Agreement, you have not officially vacated the home until all keys and garage door openers have been delivered to our office. Failure to return all keys and garage door openers on your move out date will results in additional rental charges. If incurred, as per the terms of the Rental Agreement, additional rental charges will be calculated on a per diem basis and at twice the rate agreed upon in the Rental Agreement.
Your security deposit refund and/or statement of the disposition of funds will be mailed to your forwarding address (or your last known address, if no forwarding address is/has been provided) within 30 days of when the keys and garage door openers are returned to our office.
Thank you for allowing us to provide for your housing needs. We at Pinon Properties pride ourselves in being a full-service real estate brokerage. If we may be of service in the future, whether buying, selling or renting another home, please do not hesitate to contact us.