Trouble Shooting Guide
- Smoke Detectors won't work when tested: Press the test button or test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- Smoke Detector beeps: replace battery.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel. Check and reset all GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an Allen Wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and gently twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test.
- No hot water: Check and reset breaker in power panel.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify your property manager immediately.
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Did you pay your utility bills on time or issue an order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food/debris out of bottom of dishwasher.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water is on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call your property manager and discontinue use.
- Calcium build-up in Dishwasher: Pour a little bit of vinegar in your dishwasher and run it while empty.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check if thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
- No Air conditioning: (For refrigerated air only) Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test. OR (For Swamp Coolers) If fan is blowing but the air is warm. Make sure at least one window is slightly open.
- No electricity: Check all breakers flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
If any of the problems above persist, please submit a written Repair Request to your assigned Property Manager.